144# celebrity no more

It is very hard to express your actual emotion when you are stucked, being the  main victim aimed by the kids. 

Hari ni kerja memang sangat penat sebab ada integrity program di Shah Alam. Balik rumah memang dah exhausted.

Masuk pagar rumah je, terus dah namlak 6 pasang mata mengintai ikut tingkap sambil ada suara "siapa tu?" dengan penuh curiosity. So I walked to the sliding door and belum sampai pun lagi depan pintu, penghibur-penghibur jalanan dah keluar berlari-lari sambil menjerit "Ucu aten dah balik! Yeay yeay!" and at the other corner you can hear that little kids' voice trying to be heard too by saying "Hai Mama Aten!". Celebrity. Yes, I am that popular. (At home, at least). 

So the 6 of them were mumbling and talking non stop like there is no tomorrow. Ya Rabb, I am so tired but I still have to listen to their high pitch voices. I got double layer headache immediately. Haha. 

It is school holidays now. 3 of my nieces are currently staying here since more than a month ago. Turning me to be a cikgu (to teach them how to complete their homework), turning me to be an ustazah, to teach and monitor their Iqra' progress, turning me to a bibik, to basuh berak si kecik itu and not to forget 5 juta kali sehari air tumpah, lantai melekit, gula-gula dibuang merata, ais krim menitik, nasi tumpah etc. Oh not to forget they have turned me to be a badut as well to entertain them whenever they feel bored (and whenever Ummi starts to get her blood pressure high). 

Tough. No doubt, it is tough.

What makes it tougher is when 3 get doubled by 6, during this school holidays. We have 5 girls and a boy in the house who love to stay in Tok Ummi and Tok Abah's crib, who open the fridge literally like 20 times a day, per person. Not funny. I assume that Ummi is now starting to collect coins yang dia jumpa kat mana mana ceruk dalam rumah ni untuk beli new fridge in case rosak. Haha. Or paling tak pon tercabut pintu. Haha.

So I am resting on my bed (yang tak de rupa katil sebab berlonggok baju belum lipat), while building up semangat untuk solat Isya'. While I lock myself in my room, pintu bilik tu dah 3 kali diketuk tanpa henti bagai nak pecah sambil menyeru nama "Mama Aten... Oooo Mama Aten.."

Hari ni je kejam sikit malas bukak sebab terlalu penat. 

Teringat last Friday, I received a call from my brother while I was working in the office. He said: "Ten, ni ha si Alma dan Marrissa main lipstik kau, bedak kau semua habis. Si Alma conteng muka marrissa, marrissa conteng muka Alma. Balik kang kau marah je diorang".

I laughed at the news he broke. I can imagine how silly the kids' faces at that time. 

Lipstick. Yes. I have a few. May be 6 - 7 pieces. Sebab most of them Kak Yong yang bagi. Yes sebab diorang species suka membeli pastu rasa tak best, donate kat adik adik. So yes, I take donation from my sisters. 

Balik rumah je, tengok bilik, lipstik atas lantai, atas tilam, kat bantal, kat dinding pun ada. Kau rasa nak melompat riang ke nak mengamuk? Haha.

Macam mana lah nak marah budak 2.5 years and 4.5 years old? Macam tak masuk akal. Tapi sempat juga diorang kena psycho and ketuk sikit tangan dan kaki sebab masuk bilik Ucu tanpa izin, when Ucu was not around. Also for playing with my things and paling sedih sampai jahanam. Haha.

So yes, you can choose to feel like a celebrity. But few seconds after that, you will realise that some how being a celebrity doesn't really make you feel at ease. When you only have a pair of eyes and ears, but you have to listen to 6 versions of stories, at one time. And not to forget that you have to turn your heads 17 times per second just to give eye contacts to those story tellers yang terlebih excited. 

Gosh. I am super tired.

But hey, they are my proteges. 
Ask them who is their favourite aunty, they will definitely say "Ucu / Mama Aten" without a single doubt. 

However, there is a price for it. 
When the toddler got poo poo-ed, though Tok Mi offers to help her and to clean her, she will say; "Ucu Aten la tolong..."

And Tok Ummi will walk away happily like a diva.

I am resigning. No more celebrity.


Comments

Popular Posts